Friday, September 10, 2010

New Witch Boots (and SHOES!!) WIP



Here are some sneak peaks of what I've been working on this week. I had so much fun decorating the last paper mache witch boot for my swap that I decided to take some time to make a few more experiments. This time I tried some low cut shoes, too. I haven't decorated any of these past the base coats, yet. But, I can't wait to start painting the scenes and adding the little extras. Still deciding what to paint on them.



Above are a few more of the original style boots. The orange one is a mini, while the other two use the same regular footprint. Though, being hamdmade, they tend to develop a personality all their own as they come to life.



I've been experimenting with the height and shape of the heels just a little. And, I've also added a lighter purple to my palette. I think I'm planning to creep this purple one up with some skeletons and maybe a graveyard.



This orange shoe turned out so cute it may wind up my favorite of this bunch. Not sure what I will paint on it, yet. Probably some JOL's, I think.



I've got a couple more that are in various stages of completion. The tall boot just above was an experiment in trying a more Victorian style. I want to put buttons on the sides. It sure didn't want to cooperate with me, so far. :)



The shoe will have laces in front instead of a buckle. I haven't decided what color it wants to be painted.

I was hoping to get all of the boots and shoes finished before the end of this week and available on either Ebay or Etsy to those who'd like one, which isn't looking possible at the moment. I don't normally offer my crafted items for sell. But, having so many on hand, I'm trying something new. So, hopefully sometime next week these boots might make the market. I'll post as they are finished and available. If you want one, don't delay. These spooky paper footwear will most likely be a limited time offer that will disappear along with ghosts and goblins of Halloween.

Thanks for dropping by!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh they are so fine! I want a pair!!

mieljolie said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! Funny thing is that even though they are boots/shoes, I've never made a "pair", yet. The next one always winds up totally different than the last. :D

Mieljolie

Caroline said...

So many questions.. yet one thing comes to mind ..have you thought of making a 'Santa or Elf' boot. The toes of this reminds me of a stocking i want to try which is the Elf one..

And the other question is.. do you sculpt it from cardboard before wrapping it in paper?

mieljolie said...

Hi, Caroline! No, I hadn't really thought to make an elf or Santa shoe. I do have an old boot I painted brown a long time ago that was going to be a gingerbread witch boot. :D The heel is so stumpy and lumpy, it looks like a chicken leg. Hehe

Yes, I make the general shape out of cereal box cardboard, masking tape and wads of newspaper for the toe. Then, I cover it completely with more newspaper.

Hope that helps! Good luck with the elf stocking!

Mieljolie

Unknown said...

Hello. They're amazing 💙!! Where can i find the pattern please?! If possible!